Galangoor’s VISION is to lead the way in the provision of a wraparound healthcare service that addresses Indigenous health and social inequities, and demonstrably builds a healthier Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community on the Fraser Coast.
We are committed to practicing a holistic and preventative approach to healthcare, and improving the health of the people we serve every day, with understanding and compassion. Ensuring all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the Fraser Coast have access to the highest standard, culturally appropriate primary healthcare services.
- To provide diverse services and programs relevant to the physical, social and emotional wellbeing, spiritual, cultural and mental health of our region’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- To offer seamless, coordinated, efficient and effective care and supportthat responds to all of a person’s health needs across physical, mental and social spectrums.
- To give clients access to comprehensive, multi-disciplinary primary healthcare through our Model of Care.
- To promote healthy lifestyle choices amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who access our service, and the broader Indigenous community.
- To reduce the incidence of chronic disease amongst the region’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, and strengthen their capacity to achieve better health outcomes.
- To achieve standards of excellence in governance, management and the delivery of services, and engagement with the community.
- To advocate for our communities in response to community health needs and trends.
- To contribute to the development of a skilled workforce in Aboriginal health.
Galangoor Duwalami Primary Healthcare promises to:
- Consistently provide flexible, best-practice healthcare
- Be responsive to the needs of our clients, without judgement.
- Always respect clients’ cultural beliefs and practices.
- Deliver a culturally sensitive and flexible service.
- Do the things we say we’ll do.